Wednesday, June 3, 2015

My First Post

My first post. On my first blog. I feel like I should say something really inspirational here about how I feel, but the only thing I feel is nervous. How are my readers going to feel when they read this? What are their reactions going to be? How am I going to be affected by the things that I write and read from my readers? Are the things that I have to say about my addiction recovery process going to make a difference?

Well, I guess I'll just have to find out.

Something that I need to say right at the beginning is that Sky Jackson is a pseudonym. I don't know who will end up reading this and I don't want to be judged by my peers that don't know that I have an addiction. I also don't want to be pitied, more than anything else. The experience that I have had with my addiction recovery has made me a much stronger person and, while there are times that I wish that it had never happened, I know that I would not be the person that I am today without the experiences that I have had. I hope that, as the reader, you will respect my privacy and allow my to maintain my anonymity.

I have attended the Addiction Recovery Program made by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for two weeks and have already felt the influence of the Holy Ghost in my life as I have felt the charity and unconditional support of the Savior's atonement. There is nothing like it and I know that if I really want to kick this addiction, that I'll need to feel that charity and unconditional support to overcome this addiction.

I've tried to write this very first post several times. I wish that it could be a little longer, but I can' t think of anything else to say at this time. I think that this is the draft that is going to work, but no first draft is complete without a simple introduction.

My name is Sky Jackson and I am a pornography addict.



No comments:

Post a Comment